Osteoarthritis Knee Pain Relief that Lasts with Monovisc®
What is Monovisc®?
Monovisc® is a viscosupplement that contains a gel-like substance manufactured from ultra-pure, non-avian hyaluronic acid that supplements the hyaluronic acid naturally found in the synovial fluid of a healthy knee.
How does Monovisc® work?
Over time, changes in the synovial fluid and degeneration of joint structures may lead to osteoarthritis knee pain.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the synovial fluid of the knee joint. Viscosupplementation, or the injection of hyaluronic acid into the joint, is thought to lubricate the cartilage (much as oil lubricates an engine), thereby reducing pain for long-term relief.
Key Features and Benefits of Monovisc®:
- Convenient single injection treatment
- Highly concentrated, non-animal sourced HA
- Long lasting relief through 26 weeks
- Convenience of a single injection as opposed to multiple visits to the physician
- No confirmed pseudoseptic reactions reported